Blountsville is a town in Blount County, Alabama, United States. Blount County was created by the Alabama Territorial legislature on 1818 Feb. 6, from land ceded to the Federal government by the Creek Nation on 1814 Aug. 9. It was named for Gov. Willie G. Blount of Tennessee, who provided assistance to settlers in Alabama during the Creek War of 1813-14. It lies in the northeastern section of the state, generally known as the mineral region.