Flagler is a Statutory Town in Kit Carson County, Colorado, United States. The population was 612 at the 2000 census. The town was established in 1888 as a small settlement near the then-new Rock Island Railroad, named Malowe after Rock Island Railroad attorney M. A. Lowe. (Prior to the settlement, the location had been home to a general store and post office named Bowser after the owner's dog. ) The town was later renamed after Henry Flagler at the request of his daughter, who liked the area.