Oldsmar is a city in Pinellas County, Florida, United States. The population was 13,591 at the 2010 census. Oldsmar's history dates to 1913 when automobile pioneer Ransom E. Olds purchased 37,541 acres (151.92 km) of land by the northern part of Tampa Bay to establish "R. E. Olds-on-the-Bay". The name was later changed to Oldsmar, then to "Tampa Shores" in 1927, and finally back to Oldsmar in 1937. Ransom Olds named some of the original streets himself, such as Gim Gong Road.