Davenport is a city located along the Mississippi River in Scott County, Iowa, United States. Davenport is the county seat of and largest city in Scott County. Davenport was founded on May 14, 1836 by Antoine LeClaire and was named for his friend, George Davenport, a colonel during the Black Hawk War stationed at nearby Fort Armstrong. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 99,685, making it Iowa's third-largest city. A 2011 estimate has the city's population at 100,298.