Edmore is a village in Montcalm County of the U.S. state of Michigan. As of the 2000 census, the village population was 1,244. Edmore was founded and platted by Edwin B. Moore, a real estate man, in 1878, and named with a contraction of his name. A post office was established on July 22, 1878 with Abraham West as the first postmaster. Its station on the Detroit, Lansing and Northern Railroad was called "Edmore Junction".