Granville is a village in Licking County, Ohio, United States, founded by settlers from Granville, Massachusetts and Granby, Connecticut. It now has three times the population of its namesake. The population was 3,167 at the 2000 census. Granville is known for its New England character and historic architecture, including the Greek Revival Avery Downer House and many others. The Buxton Inn (1812) and the Granville Inn (1929) are two landmarks of Granville.