Lucasville is a census-designated place (CDP) in Scioto County, Ohio, United States. The population was 2,757 at the 2010 census. The village of Lucasville was laid out by Captain John Lucas in June 1819 and recorded August 7, 1819. Captain Lucas built the first tavern in the village and kept it until his death in 1825. His house for a long time was headquarters for the Democratic leaders of southern Ohio. Lucasville is the location of the Scioto County Fairgrounds.