Caldwell is a city in Burleson County, Texas, United States. The population was 3,449 at the 2000 census. It is the county seat of Burleson County. It is part of the Bryan-College Station metropolitan area. In 1993, the Reeves-Womack House in Caldwell was added to the National Register of Historic Places. The house was built in the latter 1890s by the merchant-banker William Reeves (1858–1921).