Webster Springs is a town in Webster County, West Virginia, United States. Although it was incorporated as Addison in 1892, it is more frequently referred to as Webster Springs, the name of the town's post office. It was named as such for Addison McLaughlin, upon whose land the town was originally laid out. The population was 808 at the 2000 census. The town was famous in the late 19th and early 20th centuries for its numerous salt sulfur water wells.